Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Operation Pool House


Here is the Pool House. It was formerly the original barn in which the previous owners' children used as a band hangout. DH/I have big plans for this outbuilding but since we're now working on making things "livable" until we can tackle other projects, we're not gutting it yet.

Lower level interior.







The bathroom/kitchen (I only call it a kitchen because it has a fridge)




View behind that doorway that's viewable in the first interior pic. This is the kitchen/bathroom. The poolhouse has working plumbing and electric, but no gas line, so there's no HOT water. I suppose at some point a gas line will be installed, but right now, that's the last thing we're thinking of doing.



Poolhouse basement.


It is our eventual idea that we will be making this a wine cellar for vintage reserves (we think BIG people) - for right now, it's a very rough basement with the original foundation. The inspector had said there was previous powder beetle damage, at some point we'll have to repair.






Poolhouse Upper Level



This is with the previous owner's stuff in it. The son used it for band practice/hangout and had soundproofing everywhere. That nice gentleman in the pic is the inspector. These are all not very good photos from a point and shoot camera, I didn't have my SLR available.



During the summer, DH/I used this pool house a lot for just hanging out and we decided to get it carpeted and to paint the paneling. Mid-Level berber and paint did an amazing job. We both have big plans for this structure, but for now, it will remain the way is, not in the budget to pull down paneling and sheetrock right now.Downstairs Interior. Still have to finish painting trim. DH currently uses it for POKER!


Here are the afters:


Lower Level:
Berber Carpet (basic), painted, those two chairs are now in my foyer. They used to be a horrific orange velvet - I reupolstered them, but now they need another revival.






Upstairs After:
I really need to take better photos.





Ugh, the more I look at it, the more I think the paneling needs to come down. Not now, eventually.

No comments: